Reporting a Crime

All emergency incidents should be reported by calling 9-1-1. For non-emergency situations or to file a police report, please call police Dispatch at 925-284-5010. Depending on staffing levels, call priority, and activity, there may be a delay before an officer is dispatched to assist you. Non-urgent reports may be also made at the Police Department. However, an officer may necar with lights oned to be called back to the station to meet with you. Depending upon the nature of the report, an officer may need to respond to the scene of the incident to investigate. It is our goal to provide you with the most efficient and prompt service possible.

9-1-1 can be called from a cell phone. It is also recommended that the direct dispatch line (925-284-5010) be saved as a contact in your cell phone.

Animal and Wildlife Issues

For pet and livestock related issues, please call Contra Costa County Animal Services  through dispatch at 925-284-5010. To report a barking dog or other noisy animal, click here Report animal noise. To report a deceased animal, please use this link: Report a deceased animal.

To report issues with live or injured wildlife, please contact the California Department of Fish and Wildlife at 916-445-0380 and leave a message if there is no answer. If there is a dangerous or threatening animal, call 9-1-1.