What are the scenic corridor requirements?

Review and approval by the Design Review Board is required for any building, exterior addition, signs, sculptures or structures, including walls or fences 3 feet or more in height that are within 500 feet of a scenic corridor and can be seen from the scenic corridor road. The following roads are designated as scenic corridors (MMC Sections 8.132.020 and 8.132.040 and Design Guidelines SC):

  • Bollinger Canyon Road
  • Camino Pablo
  • Canyon Road
  • Moraga Road
  • Moraga Way
  • Rheem Boulevard
  • St. Mary’s Road

Show All Answers

1. What are the building setbacks on my property?
2. Does the Town have copies of my house plans?
3. Where can I obtain information on a certain property in Town?
4. How do I find out where my property lines are located?
5. How are building setbacks measured?
6. Are there any other setback restrictions on building?
7. What / Where is the public right-of-way of my street?
8. When do I need a survey?
9. What are the scenic corridor requirements?
10. What are the regulations for open space zoned property?
11. When is a Waste Management Plan form required?
12. What are the regulations on political signs?
13. What are the regulations on garage / driveways?
14. What constitutes a "kitchen"?
15. Do solar panels require planning review?
16. Can my home be used for my business?
17. Do I need a permit to operate a licensed family child care home?
18. Are cannabis dispensaries allowed?
19. Are door to door solicitors allowed in Moraga?
20. Who maintains the sidewalk in front of my house?
21. When do I need an encroachment permit?
22. Can I rent a room in my house?