I'm doing construction. When do I need a permit?

Encroachment Permits

An Encroachment Permit (PDF) is needed whenever work is to be done that will encroach or impede the public right of way. Fees are as follows (for the fiscal year of 2019/2020):

  • Administrative Fee: $125
  • Inspection: $156 per hour (minimum 2 hours)
  • Concrete Permit Fee: $312
  • Street Cut Permit: $564
  • Street Storage Permit: $78 per day
  • Work Outside Permit Hours: $624 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. unless noted below. Roads with restricted working hours are Moraga Road, Moraga Way, Rheem Boulevard and St. Mary’s Road. Working hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
  • Pavement Restoration Bond of $3,165.90 plus $126.64 per square foot over 25 square foot

Encroachment permits can be obtained from the Public Works/Engineering Department at the Town Offices at:
329 Rheem Boulevard
Moraga, CA 94556
Please call the Public Works office at 925-888-7026 for more information.

Drainage Pipes

As of February 15, 2005 drainage pipes (roof drains, gutters etc.) installed through curbs are prohibited due to federally mandated storm water pollution prevention. Please call the Public Works office, 925-888-7026 if you have any questions or for specific information regarding drainage pipes.

Show All Answers

1. When is my street going to be repaved?
2. Whom do I call to report a street light out?
3. Whom do I call to report a broken sidewalk?
4. Who is responsible for repairing the sidewalk in front of my house?
5. I'm doing construction. When do I need a permit?
6. Whom do I call for creek maintenance?
7. Does the Town provide sandbags during winter storms?
8. I received a letter from the town telling me that I need to trim my trees, why do I have to do this?
9. I am a realtor and my “Open House” and “For Sale” signs were taken over the weekend, what did I do wrong?