Advanced Planning Initiative
The comprehensive Advanced Planning Initiative includes the following components:
- Housing Element Update: As required by State law, the Town is updating its Housing Element for the 6th cycle to meet the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA). The Housing Element covers the eight-year cycle of 2023-2031. For more information, click here.
- Rezoning of key sites: In order to create sufficient capacity to meet the Town's housing needs, as determined by the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG), the Town will analyze rezoning a number of properties to facilitate future housing development.
- Bollinger Canyon Rezoning: An updated zoning proposal and new standards are being developed for the Bollinger Valley Study Area. More information is provided below.
- Environmental Impact Report (EIR): Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) an EIR is being prepared to evaluate the impacts of the changes described above. For more information, click here.
Bollinger Canyon Rezoning
Upcoming Events & Meetings:
On Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. the Planning Commission will hold a Study Session to consider General Plan Amendments and Zoning modifications. To join the meeting, Via Zoom: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86101857665?pwd=bU40d1MrZnhVKzJIUXpjeGhRdEM4dz09
If you wish to comment on this matter, you are invited to attend this public meeting. You may also submit written comments to email@example.com.
Past Events & Meetings:
On Wednesday, February 9, 2022, the Bollinger Canyon General Plan Amendments and Zoning options were presented to the Town Council during the Town Council meeting. View a copy of the staff report and White Paper as well as the PowerPoint Presentation below.
- February 9, 2022 Staff Report and White Paper
- February 9, 2022 Bollinger Canyon Study Area Presentation at Town Council Meeting
On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 the Town hosted a Bollinger Canyon Community Meeting via Zoom to obtain early input and feedback from residents on re-zoning options for the Bollinger Canyon area which is currently designated a "Study Area." Zoning determines, among other things, what type and amount of development can be allowed on a parcel. This project is a Town Council goal and a part of the Comprehensive Advanced Planning Initiative to update the Housing Element, complete an Environmental Impact Report, and Rezone including the Bollinger Canyon Special Study Area. View the PowerPoint Presentation below.