Make Moraga Home
Since its incorporation in 1974, Moraga's Housing Element and General Plan have described the type of community we want to be in the future and set forth goals, policies and action programs to help us become that community. The housing element identifies opportunities, challenges, and resources associated with housing through the 2015-2023 Housing Element one of the seven mandated elements of the adopted 2002 General Plan. The State mandates the update of the Housing Element on eight-year cycles. The Town is now updating the Element for the next planning period, which is 2023-2031
For most current up to date information, please click on the links below:
Upcoming Events & Meetings:
- November 8, 2022 Planning Commission review and recommendation of draft Inclusionary Housing Ordinance
- November 16 and December 14, 2022 Town Council consideration of adopting Inclusionary Housing Ordinance
* If translation services are required, please contact the Planning Department at (925) 888-7040, 48 hours in advance of a meeting.
* 如果需要翻譯服務，請在會議前 48 小時致電 (925) 888-7040 與規劃部聯繫。
* Si se requieren servicios de traducción, comuníquese con el Departamento de Planificación al (925) 888-7040, 48 horas antes de la reunión.
Past Workshops, Events, & Public Meetings
- Past Community Workshops and Events are located on the Community Engagement page.
- Past Housing Element Public Meetings are located on the Public Meetings page.
How Can I Get Involved?
Your informed participation and feedback is appreciated. We encourage you to attend the meetings, contact staff with questions, and visit the website often for updates.
Environmental Impact Report Notice of Preparation
The Balancing Act Tool
Balancing Act is an online mapping tool which was created to allow residents to provide input on the most appropriate locations to potentially develop additional housing units in the Moraga community. Based on projections, and projects currently in development pipeline, Moraga has a shortfall of 800 units in meeting its housing requirement of 1,118 units. The Balancing Act Tool was open from March 3, 2022 to May 20, 2022 and enable residents to "click" on each of the subareas and use "plus" and "minus" tools to add virtual housing units to each area. The number of units that can be assigned to each subarea is capped to avoid putting all the units in one zone. Once a player reaches 800 units, they receive the "you Have a Housing Plan!" message.
Balancing Act Walking Tour Held on Friday, March 25, 2022.
Residents joined Town staff for a Balancing Act Walking Tour and learned more about the potential locations identified for additional housing and about the proposed densities. View the Self-Guided Tour Maps.
Housing Element Survey
The Town collected valuable community input in three languages (English, Spanish, and Chinese) through the Housing Element Survey. The survey opened on January 31, 2022 concluded on April 30, 2022.