The Town of Moraga is committed to ensuring safe, reliable and accessible transportation for all - whether by automobile, transit, bicycle, or on foot. The Planning, Public Works, and Parks and Recreation Departments all have a role to play and work closely together to plan for, build and maintain the Town’s transportation network.
Commute Incentives for Moraga Residents
The Town of Moraga, in concert with 511 Contra Costa provides commute incentives to commuters who travel to and from Contra Costa County:
- 511 Contra Costa - Drive Less Commuter Incentive Program
- Get $50 just to try another way to get to work, such as bike, walk, take transit or carpool.
- Vanpool Incentive Program
- Get reimbursed 50% for joining a vanpool for the first three months or start a new vanpool and you could be eligible for a $1,000 driver bonus.
- Student Transit Ticket Program
- Free public transit tickets as an alternative to driving your student(s) to school. Each student is eligible to receive two 12-ride County Connection transit tickets. This offer is available with a maximum of 3 students per household while supplies last. The application is available on the 511 Contra Costa website.
Whether it is one day a week or five days a week, you are making a difference to help improve air quality and to reduce traffic congestion by driving less and using a commute alternative.
For more information regarding these commute incentives, please contact your 511 Contra Costa representative by email or at 925-973-265.
The Town is also involved in a number of important transportation projects and programs, including a number in partnership with other agencies and organizations. This page provides links to projects, documents, and resources related to transportation and transportation planning.